Winix 5300-2 Air Cleaner with PlasmaWave Technology
The classic Winix 5300, only better! Designed for medium to large interior spaces and ready to capture dust and pollen.
- Best for dust and pollen.
- For rooms up to 360 sq. ft.
- Available in gray
- Manufacturer’s 2-Year Warranty
- Energy Star Certified
HOW IT WORKS
The Winix 5300-2 uses a 3-stage air cleaning system, featuring an odor reducing carbon filter, 99.97% true HEPA filter, and Winix PlasmaWave Technology to provide the cleanest air possible in your medium to large living spaces, kitchens, or bedrooms.
- Three-stage filtration system
- Activated carbon pre-filter is formulated to capture offensive smoke, cooking, and other household odors; the disposable carbon sheet also works as a pre-filter to capture large particles like hair, carpet fibers, and dust
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants and allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- PlasmaWave Technology breaks apart pollutants at a molecular level without producing harmful ozone
- Air quality sensor provides set-and-forget operation
- Change Filter alert
- ENERGY STAR qualified
- Sleep mode puts unit on quiet fan speed and dims indicator lights
- Light Sensor automatically puts unit on quiet fan speed and dims indicator lights when room is dark
- Four fan speeds (quiet, medium, high, and turbo)
- AHAM CADR room size rating of 360 sq. ft.
There are two separate filters that need to be changed: The True HEPA Filter and the Carbon Pre-Filter. The Carbon Filter should be changed every 3 months in a simple process that requires no tools. The True HEPA Filter should be changed when the Check Filter Indicator is illuminated, approximately once a year with regular use using a similar process. Simply unplug the air purifier, gently pull the bottom of the front panel to remove it, and pull out the old filter. Insert new panel and return the front panel onto the unit (for more specific instructions reference the owner’s manual link below). The Check Filter Indicator can be reset by placing the tip of a paperclip in the RESET hole for a few seconds.
AIR FLOW AND POSITIONING
Place the Winix 5300-2 Air Cleaner on a level surface. The air purifier pulls air in from the sides and sends clean air out from the top. Place the air purifier two feet from walls, furniture, curtains, and other home items that might block the airflow.
WHATS IN THE BOX
- Size: 23.6” high x 15.0” wide x 8 .2” deep
- Weight: 15.4 lbs
Filters and Accessories
- True HEPA filter
- Carbon filter
- User Manual
|Coverage Area||360 sq ft|
|Product Dimensions||23.6" H x 15" W x 8.2" D|
|Product Weight||15.4 lb|
|Particle Removal||99.97% as small as 0.3 microns|
|Air Exchange Rate||5 times per hour|
|Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR)||Smoke- 232 |
|Number of Cleaning Levels||3|
|Cubic Feet per Minute (ea speed)||35.31/70.63/91.82/123.60/240.14 CFM|
|Air Intake Location||Sides|
|Air Outflow Location||Top|
|Lights on/off option?||Yes|
|UV Lamp on/off option?||No|
|Air Quality Sensor?||Yes|
|Air Quality Indicator?||Yes|
|Cable Length||6 ft|
|Plug Type||2 prong (parallel)|
|Power consumption||70 W|
|Power Voltage||120 V|
|Energy Star Certified?||Yes|
|Mesh Pre-Filter with plastic frame||Washable and designed to be used for the life of the purifier|
|Odor reducing carbon filter||Should be replaced every 3 months, depending on use|
|True HEPA Filter||Lasts up to 12 months|
|Filter Change Indicator Light?||Yes|
|UV Bulb Change Indicator Light?||No|
|Tools Required for Filter Change||None|
Manufacturer’s 2-year limited warranty.